Friday, August 10, 2012

Runners Never Settle

It was a night for U.S. runners at London's Olympic Stadium. 


Ashton Eaton and Trey Hardee take Gold and Silver in the Men's Decathlon. 

10 Events. 2 Days. World's Greatest Athletes.


Manteo Mitchell runs the first leg of the preliminary round of the Men's 4x400 relay with a broken leg. A post race x-ray showed that Mitchell suffered a complete break of his left fibula.

His team wins the heat.

After the race he was quoted as saying "As soon as I took the first step past the 200-meter mark, I felt it break. I heard it. I even put out a little war cry, but the crowd was so loud you couldn't hear it. I just wanted to lie down. I saw Josh Mance motioning me in for me to hand (the baton) off to him, which lifted me. I didn't want to let those three guys down, or the team down, so I just ran on it. Every step I took, it got more painful. But I was out there already. I just wanted to finish and do what I was called in to do...Even though track is an individual sport, you've got three guys depending on you."


Tianna Madison, Jeneba Tarmoh, Bianca Knight, and Lauryn Williams win their preliminary heat of the Women's 4x100 Meter Relay

They cross the finish line nearly one full second ahead of the second place finishers.

No comments:

Post a Comment